Welcome to the Tweed Ride Victoria 2019!
This year, on September 8, we’ll be going back to the popular Willows Park to start and end the ride.
Date: September 8, 2019
Location: Willows Park
Check in: 11 am
Group Photo: 11:45 am
Ride Starts: Noon
Ride Ends: 1 pm (approximately)
Picnic: 1 pm – 4 pm
Our 9.5 km cycling route will wind through the leafy streets of Oak Bay. We’ll start at Willows Beach, meandering our way down towards Beach Drive before turning back to cycle past Monterey Middle School where we’ll take a short break. After that, we’ll circle around Estevan Village before finishing back at Willows Beach for a picnic.
Click here to see the detailed map!
Bring your wicker picnic baskets, tartan blankets, tea cups and saucers, croquet sets and gramophones if you have them, or just a brown bag with a sandwich and be ready for a jolly good afternoon with friends.
We have a number of prizes generously donated from local businesses. Winners will be chosen for the following categories:
– Tweediest Lady
– Tweediest Gentleman
– Best Vintage Bicycle
– Best Decorated Bicycle
– Best Decorated Helmet
– Top Teacup (best picnic)
As well as some “Glad to See You” draw prizes!
– A tune-up from Goldstream Cycles
– A $25 gift card from the Pennyfarthing Pub
– A $25 gift card from Vis-A-Vis
– A tune-up from North Park Bikes
– A PoCampo loop pannier from North Park Bikes, retailing for $139
– A $100 gift card to Canadian Tire from RBC
– A Nantucket creel front basket, loaded with picnic goodies, estimated value $150 from Fairfield Bicycles
– Two coupons for the mineral baths at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel, each valued at $59
– And more to come!
Fashion and Safety
While we love old-fashioned bicycles and tweedy fashions, all types of bikes and eras of fashion are welcome! Helmets are mandatory, but they may be “tweed-ified” so long as their safety is not compromised.